Friday, October 26, 2012

Day #1: October 24, 2012 ...And We're Off !

I'm not sure what it is, but life seems to be getting busier and crazier day by day.  The weeks and months leading up to our Tenwek departure have been the busiest in recent memory.  Actually... the busiest ever.  I was receiving supplies from all over the country up until the day I left and trying to get them wedged into already packed baggage that had been distributed to our teammates.  As you would expect, for those of you that know me well, I was packing right up until the moment I took off for the airport.

Video courtesy of Dr. Don Moore


Johnson and I got to the airport around  3:30.  


After getting through security, we met up with Tony and David from Vanderbilt Biomed as well as Reebekah, one of our PCICU nurses at Vanderbilt Children's.  We boarded our flight about 30 minutes after we got through security and we were off to Atlanta!



When we all landed in Atlanta we headed for the food court for our last American meal for the next several weeks.  While we were eating dinner, Michael and Dr. Mary surprised us.  None of us realized (or at least I didn't) that they were meeting up with us in Atlanta for our flight to Amsterdam.

After a brief dinner, we headed over to our gate to leave for our 8 hour flight to Amsterdam. 


Rebekah and Johnson at Atlanta airport

No comments: